We work collaboratively to constantly learn and adapt to our service users' needs - it's one of our key values. Not only will you deliver an effective service, you'll take care to understand the goals, challenges and ambitions of residents.
In listening and understanding, you’ll ensure they receive high-quality support that’s tailored to their requirements.
Our commitment to residents
We’re committed to ensuring our residents receive the support they need to live safe, fulfilling and independent lives. We do this in a number of ways, including:
- Involving our communities fully in the development of effective adult social care services, so that they are at the heart of all we do.
- Focusing on prevention and early intervention to prevent or forestall future need.
- Understanding the lives of residents, their goals, challenges and ambitions.
- Making sure we are an age- and dementia-friendly borough.
- Minimising loneliness and isolation, especially for elderly and disabled residents.
- Safeguarding vulnerable residents from all forms of abuse.
- Supporting mental health needs.
- Developing digital solutions to help people understand, plan and manage care services.
- Working with NHS partners to provide truly integrated health and social care services.
Our commitment to you
We want to provide outstanding Learning and Development opportunities supporting professional and career development. That means you won’t just deliver excellent support, but you’ll receive it as well. We offer:
- A comprehensive range of courses and workshops on a wide range of topics and practice areas.
- All practitioners are being trained in ‘systemic practice’: an exciting programme to support and embed strengths-based practice.
- We are a member of the West London Social Work Teaching Partnership and Research in Practice for Adults (RIPFA) which also offers excellent CPD training.
- We encourage experienced social workers to undertake post-qualifying courses including Practice Education and Best Interest Assessor courses, and Advanced Mental Health Practitioner training where appropriate.